Obviously we have covered many “How Tos” now this time around we focus on Plex TV link via https://plex.tv/link.
If you have a Plex TV account and would love to learn to link your Plex TV to your smart TV, this article is for you.
Yes now at here, will discussed about the Plex TV link activate that will see you able to activate the Plex TV on your smart at home.
Other thing you should know is that you have a choice to link your Plex TV to your smart TV or choose to keep Watching plex.tv on the official website for as long as your like with the Plex TV link code.
Surely the cons to linking the Plex TV is the inability to download the Plex TV app on your choice of smart TV.
So, for streaming devices such as Firestick, you can sideload the Plex TV APK app on the streaming device to get the Plex TV link code to activate the device on https plex tv code firestick
To watch Plex TV without cable you need the Plex TV activate code, Plex TV link, i.e, https://plex.tv/link to validate the Plex TV code on your TV screen.
The Plex TV link code is unique for each device. The code for the Plex TV firestick is different from the Plex TV is different for the plex TV code for Roku.
Now, if you have multiple devices that you would love to use the Plex.tv app on, you need to download and install the Plex TV app on the device separately, get the Plex TV link code and the link https://plex.tv/link to complete the activation process.
Now, in this article, we will centre our discussion on the Plex TV link code and how to activate Plex TV on the https plex tv code link web page.
Plex TV Link on Firestick
Plex TV app is available in the Amazon store. And this is where we will download and install the Plex TV on our Firestick.
- On your Firestick, click on the “Search” button to the top right and search for “Plex.” You can also search for the Plex TV app with the Alexa voice command on your firestick.
- Select it from the search result. This will take you to the “Apps & Games” section in the download store.
- Select the “Plex TV” by clicking on the app icon and select the “Go” button on the screen that follows.
- Follow the instruction on the screen to download and install the Plex TV on your Firestick.
- Once the installation process is complete, launch the Plex TV app and select the option to “Sign in” to your Plex TV account.
- Take note of the https://plex.tv/link firestick code on the screen and the instruction to activate the app on your Firestick.
- Now, launch a browser on another device and go to https://plex.tv/link on it. Sign in to your Plex TV account. Enter the Plex TV link code that appears on your TV screen.
- Select the “Link” button and wait for a couple of seconds for the “Account Linked” status to appear.
- Immediately after that the Plex TV link code and https://plex.tv/link screen will automatically refresh and you will be taken to your Plex TV account on your Firestick.
Plex TV Link not Working
A few reasons may contribute to the Plex TV link or link code not working. This will affect or stop the functionality of the Plex TV code on https://plex.tv/link when you visit it. These includes:
- Outdated Plex Media Server
- Your devices are not connected to the same IP address
- Plex app not connected to your Plex account successfully.
- Excessive Plex cache. To fix this you need to sign, clear the Plex TV cache and sign in again.
How to Link Plex TV
You need to make sure that your device is compatible with the Plex TV app. Otherwise, you will not be able to download the Plex TV app, install it on your phone, and get the Plex TV link code for activation.
And the basic need to activate Plex TV on your smart TV are:
- Plex TV link code: To be generated when you install the Plex TV app.
- https://plex.tv/link: Link to validate and activate Plex TV on smart TV and other streaming devices.
The Plex TV link code for https://plex.tv/link will be generated once you launch the Plex TV app on your smart TV or streaming device. This will not pop up automatically though, but, an option to activate the Plex TV using the link code will be given.
Setting up Plex TV Media Server on your PC
You can access the Plex media file on your computer from anywhere around the globe. But, first, you need to set up the Plex TV media server on your device first. So, here, we are talking about how to quickly set up the Plex media server on your computer to be able to read and access it from other devices.
- Go to Plex.tv on your web browser on your computer.
- Create a Plex TV account. But if you have created a Plex TV account before now, skip this step.
- Sign in to your Plex TV account and go to https://www.plex.tv/media-server-downloads/ to download the Plex TV server for your perrsonal computer.
- Make sure you choose the “Plex Media Server” over “Apps & Devices.” Under the “Plex Media Server, choose your computer OS and hit the “Download” tab to start downloading the Plex media server to your PC.
Now, you have successfully downloaded and install the Plex media server. Now, launch the Plex media server and sign in with the appropriate login details and start sync your data.
How to Link Plex TV to Samsung Smart TV
A quick way to link your Samsung Smart TV and Plex TV is discussed in this section. Follow the steps accordingly.
- Switch on your Samsung Smart TV and connect to your router or Wireless.
- Press the “Home” button. Navigate to the left side of the screen until you get to “Apps” and select it.
- Sign in to your Samsung account. After that, hover to the Samsung search box and search for “Plex TV.”
- Select it and hit on the “Install” tab to download and install the Plex TV app on your Samsung Smart TV.
- Scroll to “Downloaded Apps” and select “Plex TV” and wait for it to load.
- You should see “Plex, stream it your way.” Select the “Sign In” option in the yellow button.
- A pop up will appear that says; to sign up or sign in visit https://plex.tv/link in your browser on another device and enter the Plex TV code on your screen.
- To link the Plex TV, visit the Plex activate link on your screen and sign in to your Plex TV account with your Plex login details.
- You will be redirected to the Plex TV link page.
- Enter the Plex TV link code on your TV screen under “Link Account” and tap on the “Link” button.
- Account linked successfully will pop up. The Plex TV link code and https://plex.tv/link screen on your TV will automatically refresh and you will be taken to your Plex TV account on your smart TV.
Exactly just like i said earlier, this is the quickest way to sign in to your Plex TV account on your smart TV with link code and https://plex.tv/link. The steps are the same for all Smart TVs once you are able to download and install the Plex TV app on your device.